Tuesday, November 2, 2021

5 NEWS SOURCES: BLOG 1

       MY FIVE TOP SOURCES OF NEWS & INFORMATION

Washington Post

According to Washington Post, it is said that this is the most popular and reliable news source. Being from outside of DC, I have grown up reading from this popular news source and have learned lots of information from it that was used in high school. I use this news source for updated news information happening in the government and in DC, Maryland and Virginia. The Washington Post is my go-to news source because it was always updated with information that was relevant to the area I grew up in and if I wanted to learn about what was going on in the government.

NY Times

The New York Times is also a popular news source that most people in the United States use on a daily basis. This is a trustworthy news source that has updated information about events that has happened in New York and around the world. Since New York is such a popular city, this newspaper has become popular nationally. I use this source if I choose against watching the news and if I want tor read about what's going on around the world whether it has to do with politics, sports, pop culture, etc.

CNN

CNN is my go-to news channel to watch on television. CNN shares information locally, nationally, and globally. On CNN, I can receive news that include fashion, sports, world news, health updates, pop culture and so much more. CNN is on 24/7 and I can always count on it to update me with what is going on in the present, no matter what time of day it is. I am not one to usually watch the news, but when I do watch it this is what I usually go to.

NBC

NBC aka, The National Broadcasting Company is the most entertaining news source. NBC is located in New York City's Time Square and you can go there to watch the Today Show live every morning. NBC not only shares news such as pop culture, politics, etc; but it is also a television channel that most people use to watch popular movies and tv shows. I love watching NBC because I get quality entertainment and news all at once.

Twitter

Twitter is probably the most unreliable news source but its the most easy to access just right through my phone. Twitter is a platform where people post their thoughts on certain things whether it's about their day, or whatever is trending around the world or on twitter. Twitter's main focus is pop culture and that is where most influencers post updates about what's going on in their life. This platform also has trending hashtags that update every once in a while and it could be about anything going on in the world or on the internet. Twitter is definitely the most entertaining platform to get news, but definitely the most unreliable because people just post what they want whether its controversial or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG #5: THE PROGRESSIVE ERA

 I think one of the main reasons that we have to seek out articles that have an antiwar perspective is because we are a nation where we valu...