Wednesday, December 8, 2021

BLOG #6: WHAT I LEARNED FROM EOTO #1

After listening to my peers present different types of technology, I realized that I didn't know as much as I thought. My peers presented technology from the viking ages to present day so I was able to learn about how technology has evolved through many decades. A technology that I found interesting is the printing press. The printing press is the first generation of what we call today "a printer". The printer has evolved throughout many years, but it started out as something more complicated than just hitting a button on my computer that says "Print".

According to my classmate, "a printing press is a device that allows for a mass production of a uniformed printed matter". Johannes Gutenberg started experimenting with the printing press in 1440 and ten years later it was finally perfected and could print 3,600 work pages per day. The way the printing press worked was much faster than many types of technology during that time. Because of the printing press, books were produced quicker and cheaper and it allowed authors to make it easier to produce their writings into a book. The printing press also made sharing large amounts of information and educating others a lot more simple. The printing press started out as a complicated, heavy piece of equipment and had evolved to an electronic printer which has many features that changed our lives and how we become educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG #5: THE PROGRESSIVE ERA

 I think one of the main reasons that we have to seek out articles that have an antiwar perspective is because we are a nation where we valu...